This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see disclosure policy.
Essential oils are something that just brings me joy when I use them. I don’t believe they are the only thing to cure certain things, but I sure do love the smell, the calming they bring after I rub a little lavender and lemon on my wrists and I love the Nighty Night oil for the kiddos.
I personally have tried just about every brand of essential oils. Some not so great and others quite amazing. As a frugal farm girl with a whole lot of practicality built in of where I spend my money, I keep going back to one company; Plant Therapy. They are the best quality oil for your budget in my opinion. ( Plus always free shipping)
I can’t justify spending $40 on a bottle of oil. In fact, I can’t justify spending a crazy amount for a brand on anything.
I just love decorating our farmhouse and wanted a pretty display for my oils and diffuser. Of course, this idea was inspired by other wood essential oil holders we saw by doing a quick search on Google and decided to make our own.
This is to just inspire your inner awesomeness. Take a look on Pinterest for other unique wood essential oil holders.
The best part about this wood essential oils holder is it cost $0 to make! Be creative and use any unique piece of wood you have.
- a piece of wood (Size depends on a number of oils you want it to hold)
- chainsaw (depending on the size of your log)
- angle grinder with a coarse sanding disk
- drill with a 1″ spade bit
- lacquer (if desired I left mine all natural)
- Diffuser ( I got mine here for $15)
How to Make:
- Use saw to cut the piece of wood. Make one end a straight cut and one end an angled cut (approx 45 degrees)
- Use the angle grinder to sand out a flat spot in the center of the piece where your diffuser will sit. Also, drill a hole through the backside for the power cord to pass through.
- Use drill and spade bit to drill evenly spaced holes around the perimeter of the piece just deep enough to hold your bottles of oil.
- Finish the piece to your liking with sandpaper and coat with lacquer if a glossy look is desired
- Add your favorite Essential oils