Crocktober- one of my favorite times of the year. I love the start of every season here in Upstate New York, but fall is one of my favorites.
Even though the summers seem to go faster year after year, I look forward to the slow-down and new schedule that fall brings to our home.
If you’re looking to save money this crocktober, there are a few key ways to make it work for your budget. First, take advantage of crockpot sales and discounts.
Many stores offer special deals on slow cookers during October, so keep an eye out for those. Second, try to use crockpot recipes that use inexpensive ingredients. Third, leftovers are your friend!
Slow Cooker meals often make great leftovers you can stretch into multiple meals. Finally, don’t forget to plan. Meal planning can help you save money and time when cooking crockpot meals.
HOW TO FIND SALES ON CROCKPOTS
You can use your Ninja Foodi as a crockpot which I love.
Search in your Free neighborhood Facebook groups and the Buy Nothing Groups. Marketplace will probably have a few decent deals too.
Don’t forget to make sure it works by plugging it in before you purchase it.
INEXPENSIVE INGREDIENTS FOR CROCKPOT MEALS
Not all crockpot meals have to be expensive. There are plenty of recipes that use inexpensive ingredients. For example, beans and rice are a great way to stretch a meal and are affordable.
Other cost-effective ingredients include chicken thighs, ground beef, and stewing vegetables. Breakfast for dinner is a very affordable meal.
Don’t worry. We will get to some fantastic slow cooker recipes in a minute.
LEFTOVERS ARE YOUR FRIEND
One of the great things about crockpot meals is that they often make great leftovers. So if you’re looking to save money, cook a crockpot meal and then enjoy the leftovers for another meal or two.
This can be a great way to stretch your food budget.
One of my favorite ways to use my slow cooker in the fall is to throw in chicken breasts I got on sale at my local Tops using the Flashfood app. If you aren’t familiar with this app, go take a look at it quickly HERE.
Then I’ll toss them in my Ninja Foodi and slow cook. Shredded chicken can be frozen, so many different sauces can be added to this mix.
Throw in some BBQ, and you can make sandwiches, quesadillas, tacos, and more.
One of the best ways to save money on crocktober meals is to plan ahead. This means finding a recipe that works for your budget and pantry and shopping for ingredients in advance.
By planning your crockpot meals, you can avoid last-minute trips to the grocery store, which can often be costly.
When it comes to budgeting for your meals, always try to come up with as many meals as you can using what you already have in your kitchen.
Search for basic recipes or use myfridgefood.com to type in what you have, which will help you develop recipes.
Following these tips can do crocktober work for your budget this year. So get out your slow cooker and get cooking!
Grab my Meal planning Printable Pack below!
Daily Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes for Crocktober
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup– a simple meal taken from your classic taco recipe with a twist!
- Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Chili
- Easy Crock pot Chicken and Dumplings– one of my favorite meals and a great way to use shredded chicken!
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- WHOLE 30 SLOW COOKER CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH
- CHUCK ROAST CROCK POT RECIPE
- Paleo Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- EASY CROCKPOT CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN CHILI
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs
- Olive Garden slow c
- Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Cabbage Soup with Sausage
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili Dinner
- Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatball Recipe
- Overnight Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Slow cooker mushroom Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Recipe Ham & Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Barbeque Pulled Pork
- Easy Beef and Barley Soup Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Potato & Corn Chowder Slow Cooker Recipe
- High Protein Slow Cooker Lentil Bolognese
- Easy & Satisfying Lazy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
- Keto Shepard’s pie recipe
- Sweet Lime Ginger Pork Slow Cooker Recipe
- Slow Cooker Greek Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy White Chicken Chili in the Slow Cooker
- Hearty Slow Cooker Cowboy Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Recipe
Here are a few dessert/snack ideas for your Crocktober
- Stuffed Apples in the slow cooker
- Slow Cooker Maple Butter
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Simple 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Caramel Dip
In conclusion, crocktober can be a great way to save money on meals. By taking advantage of sales, and using inexpensive ingredients, and leftovers, you can make this slow cooking month work for your budget. And don’t forget to meal plan ahead to make the most of your slow cooker meals.