Well Mother’s day is certainly going to look different this year. Most likely many of us will still be under a stay at home order.
If your stay at home order has lifted, the options for Mother’s day are different.
Our Mother’s Day tradition has always been to go to the Lilac Festival. Seeing all the Lilacs in bloom and other flowers is the hope you need in Spring.
It’s the hope we all need daily.
I’ve come up with a list of frugal but fun ideas you can do with your mom this Mother’s day.
Ideas for at Home
- Breakfast in bed– this cinnamon loaf is amazing if you want to make it the night before.
- Make a meal together- and order matching aprons
- At Home Spa Day- we recently did this and the girls had a blast. I find these face masks easiest with younger kids. All we did was paint nails and put a face mask on with cucumbers from the school lunches!
- Learn Something New Together– There are several online websites offering free classes right now due to COVID-19. Maybe you want to learn another language together?
- Have a picnic in the backyard and make it extra special with a pretty new picnic basket.
- Consider having a picture day. These cameras that print out the pictures instantly are fantastic and can be put into a scrapbook right away.
- Host a game night and make her a delicious white claw slushie! I personally haven’t tried this, but it’s all over social media, and looks tasty.
- Have a video party with friends and family and play Never Have I…
- Prepare a video slideshow on your computer or precious photos
- Write your mom a letter telling her why you love her, and some of your favorite memories with her
- Bake these 5 ingredient delicious (we’ve made them) 5 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Some more options that include leaving the house
Take a drive through mom’s old neighborhood and play only songs she grew up with.
Go hiking to a spot you’ve never been before
Check your local area to see if they are having any drive thru zoo exhibits. Many have started doing this.
Visit a favorite nursery and pick out flowers to place around your home inside and outside
I hope this helps inspire you to think out of the box this year. I know many of us already are. If you are stuck in a rut with creative lists be sure to share this one, or pass it on to your husband.
If you are looking for gift ideas I have a list of cute Mother’s Day Gifts at Costco here and a list of Mother’s day gift ideas at BJs here.
And if you need last minute Mother’s day gift ideas check out these ones on Amazon.