Here is how to make a heart healthy lasagna vegetarian style recipe. This lasgna was made in a Ninja Foodi on slow cooker.
I made it in the Ninja
This recipe was a hit with the family. I love having a new meal for the kids because we make a game out of it. I ask them to guess the secret ingredient. Read on for the directions and final tips and fails.
FOR MORE NINJA FOODI RECIPES CHECK OUT THE ONES BELOW:
- Ninja Foodi Mac & Cheese Recipe
- Easy & Delicious Pizza Pasta Bake in Ninja Foodi
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in Ninja Foodi
- Vension Roast with Veggies Recipe in Foodi Ninja
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 package of mushrooms or 1 can of mushrooms
- 9 oz. of Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain.
- 1 Container Cottage Cheese ( of you can use Ricotta)
- 1 jar of Alfredo pasta Sauce 15 oz.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of shredded Italian Blend cheese or Mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can pumpkin- not pie mix
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce 15 oz.
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Sage or I did about a 1/2 tsp dried
Noodles & Cheese
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/2 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese or Mozzarella
How to Make Healthy Lasagna Vegetarian Style
I sprayed the ninja pot with Avocado cooking spray. Use any spray you like.
If you haven’t started using fresh garlic it makes a BIG difference in the taste. I hated chopping it, so I grabbed this KitchenAid chopper.
I turned my Ninja Foodi to sear/
I used canned mushrooms because I got a deal at BJs, so I add those in for a few minutes, in the end, they won’t get a nice color. Fresh is always best, but I also go for the best deal at the time.
While that is cooking mix in a bowl the remaining cottage cheese filling ingredients and stir into your onion mix.
You can certaintly use ricotta it has a richer taste I think, but my kids love cottage cheese and I love the price.
In a new bowl mix pumpkin filling ingredients.
This is when I started thawing my spinach. I always keep a big frozen bag of this in the freezer. I find the best deal at wholesale clubs.
I love using our backyard chicken eggs. I scored a deal on Bertolli Alfredo sauce at yes, BJs.
In your slow cooker spread about 1/3 of the pumpkin filling ( 1 cupish). Break 3 noodles to fit over the pumpkin. Basically you want the noodles to fit going across.
Top with 1/3 of the cottage cheese filling. Repeat layers two more times. Top with 1/2 cup of your cheese blend. We already had Mozzarella cheese from BJs.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-7 hours. Or until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F. Let it cool for about 20 minutes when it is done cooking.
Finally, I didn’t have a fail with this one. I loved it and we made a fun family game out of it. Whenever I have something new for the kids to eat I tell them there is a secret ingredient in it. For awhile we loved watching kids cooking shows and it really helped the girls try new foods.
Pumpkin in this was a great secret ingredient. They had to eat several bites before our five year old guessed pumpkin.
The pumpkin taste isn’t too noticeable
Did You See These Ninja Foodi Recipes?
- Easy Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie in Ninja Foodi
- Easy Way to Make Hot Dogs in Ninja Foodi
- 7 Easy Staple Meals You Can Make For Cheap
- Venison Bacon Burgers in the Ninja Foodi
- The Best Ninja Foodi Accessories