How many times have you looked into your fridge and felt like you had nothing to eat? Or you get home from grocery shopping and still feel like you don’t have anything to eat?
We ended a trip from camping with friends ( yes in our own backyard!) and looking in the fridge, it appears empty to most, especially the kids.
I know we still have a bunch of things in our pantry and freezer to turn into meals.
It’s all about your mindset and thinking outside the box.
Look beyond what you see. Take an inventory of what you have and come up with as many meals as possible.
For tips on how to create a perfect grocery list save this post here.
Fill in items you need with things on sale, look through the online sales flyers, coupon apps, and especially coupon blogs!
My Favorite coupon blogs for finding sale grocery items.
- Target- www.totallytarget.com
- Walmart- www.ihearthemart.com
- Costco- www.mywholesalelife.com
- BJs- www.mybjswholesale.com
- Tops- www.smartqponclips.com
I have a full video below or if you want a 60 second preview check out the Tiktok video below as well.
I have the full menu of what I came up with based on what is in my fridge after the videos.
TIK TOK VIDEO
Here are the meals I came up with:
- Chicken Tacos
- Egg Burritos( use the refried beans)
- Roasted Whole chicken with grilled corn and zucchini
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Fried Dish with Peas
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with leftover chips
- Meatball Subs ( make in crockpot)
- Chicken Nachos( using the WF chicken)
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Hot dogs & Green Beans
- Carrots and Dip
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Apples & PB
- Yogurt with granola
- Whatever packaged snacks we have left
- Celery and raisins
Snacks to Make
If you HATE Meal plannning and love APPS this meal planning app was a life saver when I started! And now it will make meal plans based on pantry items you have too!
Items to Buy So Far:
- Tortilla Chips
- Whatever fruit is on sale- otherwise bananas
I hope this helps to sinpire you this week to think outside the box when it comes to meal planning.
For more meal planning tips check out the articles below.