How often have you looked into your fridge and felt like you had nothing to eat? Or do you get home from grocery shopping and still feel like you don’t have anything to eat?
We ended a trip camping with friends ( yes, in our backyard!), and looking in the fridge, it appears empty to most, especially the kids.
I know we still have a bunch of things in our pantry and freezer to turn into meals.
It’s all about your mindset and thinking outside the box.
Look beyond what you see. Take an inventory of what you have and come up with as many meals as possible.
For tips on creating a perfect grocery list, save this post here.
Fill in items you need with things on sale, and look through the online sales flyers, coupon apps, and especially coupon blogs!
My Favorite coupon blogs for finding sale grocery items.
- Target- www.totallytarget.com
- Walmart- www.ihearthemart.com
- Costco- www.mywholesalelife.com
- BJs- www.mybjswholesale.com
- Tops- www.smartqponclips.com
I have a full video above, or if you want a 60-second preview, check out the Tiktok video below.
I have the full menu of what I came up with based on what is in my fridge after the videos.
TIK TOK VIDEO
this trick will save your family lots of ##money ##mealplanner ##nofoodinfridge ##momsonabudget ##budgetmeals ##dinnerideas ##farmersmarket ##savemoney ##tip♬ original sound – thefrugalfarmgirl
Here are some tips to get you started:
– Get creative with your ingredients. Just because you don’t have a lot of options doesn’t mean you can’t make something great!
– Use simple recipes. You don’t need to be a master chef to make a tasty meal.
– Be resourceful. If you’re not sure what to do with an ingredient, look it up online or ask a friend.
Not sure how to stock your fridge on a budget to make meals? Try this!
Here are the meals I came up with:
- Chicken Tacos
- Egg Burritos( use the refried beans)
- Roasted Whole chicken with grilled corn and zucchini
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Fried Dish with Peas
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with leftover chips
- Meatball Subs ( make in a crockpot)
- Chicken Nachos( using the WF chicken)
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Hot dogs & Green Beans
- Carrots and Dip
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Apples & PB
- Yogurt with granola
- Whatever packaged snacks we have left
- Celery and raisins
Snacks to Make
- Zucchini Cake- recipe here
- Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Protein Balls recipe here
- Cereal Bars
If you HATE Meal planning and love APPS, this meal planning app was a lifesaver when I started! And now, it will make meal plans based on your pantry items!
Items to Buy So Far:
- Tortilla Chips
- Whatever fruit is on sale- otherwise, bananas
I hope this helps inspire you this week to think outside the box regarding meal planning.
For more meal planning tips check out the articles below.