Making meatloaf in your Foodi Ninja is easy. I was intimated wondering how it would shape without the traditional loaf pan.
Meatloaf is a classic dish and one I grew up with in the midwest. I now love making it in the Ninja foodi. This is a perfect way to cook a classic winter meal on a warmer day without using the oven.
For more of my Ninja Dishes see below.
- Venison Bacon Burgers in the Ninja Foodi
- Best Ninja Foodi Accessories
- Ninja Foodi Beer Brats
- Easiest Venison Tacos Recipe in a Ninja Foodi
- The Best Classic Meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi
First off let me say I’m not a food blogger. If you are new here I’m all about giving an honest opinion to help you all out. I share ways to save money from everything to food to your animals. I got a Ninja Foodi last year for Christmas and have been sharing what I learn about it here with my readers.
I put a spin on the traditional meat loaf recipe. Using the onion soup mix packet makes this so easy. It gives it an amazing flavor too. One my entire family enjoys, and we all know that can be rare!
1/4 c. milk
2 cups breadcrumbs ( I used Whole Wheat)
1 packet of onion soup mix ( I used Lipton)
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
You will be using the pressure cooking and air frying setting on your Ninja Foodi.
First mix all ingredients beside the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
Then form the meat into a nice oval shape.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pot.
You will be using your air fryer basket to cook the meat in. This will allow the grease to drip down.
I sprayed my air fryer pan with cooking spray. Add your shaped meat to the basket and place inside you Ninja Foodi.
- Grab your pressure cooking lid and make sure your knob is on the seal side. You don’t want my major mishap with chicken in the Foodi.
- Hit the Pressure button time for 25 minutes.
- Once the time is up let the Ninja Foodi naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes. Then release steam.
- Remove your air fryer basket and dump out liquid and grease from pot.
- Place back inside the ninja foodi with the air fryer basket.
- Add your topping to the loaf. Some people use barbeque sauce as well.
- Close the Air Crisp lid and set to Air crisp.
- Set the time for 10 minutes at 390°.
- I sprinked green onions on top after and sliced it up.
I was so happy how delicious this turned out. It may just be my love for the Ninja Foodi but everything turns out so tender in it.
At this point don’t try to lift your meatloaf out. It was a little moist at this point but the air frying part takes care of that in a good way.
The Onion mix makes a moist and flavorful meatloaf. It slipped right out of the basket.
- Vension Roast with Veggies Recipe in Foodi Ninja
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in Ninja Foodi
- Easy & Delicious Pizza Pasta Bake in Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi Mac & Cheese Recipe
- Healthy Vegetarian Lasagna In Ninja Foodi
It was a breathe of fresh air to see my kids love it. I mean they usually like meatloaf but they love the onion soup mix. I used it in our Venison burgers too. It can be a home cooks best friend.
Gift Guides for this season
- 5 Caring Gift Ideas for Teachers This Year
- Gifts to Give your Furry Friend for Christmas
- 20 of the Best Home Gift Ideas For 2019
- 5 Gifts That Won’t Disappoint The One Who Has Everything
- 5 Thoughtful Christmas Gifts Under $20
Let me know what you are making in your Ninja? Or how this recipe turned out for you.
Are You Hungry for a Debt Free Simple Life?
Subscribe to Get Personal Finance Tips While Building the Homestead of Your Dreams
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.